Hello! Welcome to the Quivering Daughters website. Please note that this site is no longer being updated with new material but I hope you find the archives helpful. God bless you.

This Week at the Quivering Daughters Blog...

F ollowing the release of my book, I've been praying about the direction to take this blog and my writing. The ways God has blessed this work humbles me daily, and my heart's desire to to bring Him glory and honor through it and through other things He brings into my life. For me, part of this entails seeking balance in both the public and the private operations of my ministry ~ between writing articles, blog maintenance, nurturing the relationships I've made through it, creating thoughtful and personal followups to email and messages, and hands-on service in other ways to the body of Christ . . . and especially to the daughters of patriarchy.

I'm so excited for what's ahead! :-)

New Contributor

I'm thrilled to announce that beginning this Thursday, writer and composer Eric Pazdziora will be a weekly contributor to Quivering Daughters. Eric's love for the Lord, his passion for truth, and his grace in writing about difficult topics has blessed me tremendously and I am honored to welcome him to my blog. I hope that you, too, will be blessed by his heart and devotion to God. For a sneak peak, please view his guest post at The Cult Next Door.

Other Contributors

As the Lord leads, Lewis Wells from Commandments of Men, Darcy from Darcy's Heart-Stirrings, and a few others will become familiar faces here as well. Guest posts will run on Tuesdays.

100 Ways of Grace

I am super excited about this next feature. :-) On facebook, a dear friend noted, 
 "Please write about grace. I still don't always get it. Give examples. Say it in 100 ways. :P (if you can) :) Maybe it will continue to sink in eventually."
So, I'm going to try. :-) And yet I want to hear from you, too! Grace is  an essential element of our faith and healing . . . and yet so hard for many of us to grasp. Let's come together and share what we've learned; let's say it in a hundred ways or a thousand ways! I invite you to join me on Fridays for my new series, where I will provide a way for you to link to your own articles and thoughts about grace. I look forward to gleaning from what you have learned in your walk with the Lord. Please grab a cup of coffee and consider participating in this journey ~ and if you like, grab this button code, add it to the html portion of your website or blog, and invite your friends to join, too . . .

(medium size)  (small size)

The Rest of the Week...

I will be posting on Mondays (articles) and Wednesdays (articles, links, other guest posts, announcements, or off-topic) as the Lord leads. It's crucial to me to write as He brings inspiration because these issues are excruciatingly serious and I don't want to write out of obligation but, as with my book, out of obedience to His leading. As time goes by I remain firmly convinced that "we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Eph. 6:12 KJV)

I really hope and pray that these blog changes will bless you as you continue to seek understanding and knowledge of God, healing from authoritarianism, spiritual and emotional abuse, and awareness of the serious issues facing many women raised within a patriocentric subculture of conservative Christianity. God bless you!

11 comments:

  1. So excited about Fridays of grace! Can we get Philip Yancey to share some of his glimpses of grace? :) After just rereading his book, What's so Amazing About Grace?, and now studying spiritual abuse, it's all pretty fascinating stuff. Thanks for the beautiful words, forum, and courage.

    Resting in Him,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Journey to Grace idea. It'll keep this blog going in a positive direction. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been praying for a long time about what to do here and hope that all of these changes will be a tremendous blessing to my readers. Karen, that's a wonderful idea...I'd love that, too! Jenny, thank you and that is my hope and prayer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Hillary! :-) I love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful idea A Journey about Grace:
    I came to know grace as (divine favor).. whenever I think of GRACE now I always say that after it..Certainly, it is a personal experience and such a rewarding path to understand it, and keep understanding it more..the depth and the beauty that draws us in. What a wonderful gift to celebrate!! I am so so so excited for you and all the ladies who jump in on this!!! :D hugs, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all sounds good--I really liked his guest post at the Cult...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I shall be one of those who are reading about grace instead of writing about it. Because I still don't get it. I love it, am resting in it, but I certainly don't understand it. The times I get a glimpse of understanding I feel like I stumble upon it by accident. :) Can't wait to read others' thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A year and a half ago I started collecting and reading books about grace. It is such a healing and refreshing topic. I am so excited that you will be writing and sharing about grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful - I'm so excited to hear from all your guests and also excited for Fridays! Great idea. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your site yesterday and appreciate your respectful honesty. It is helping me with some areas of my own life from past spiritual abuse. Thank you and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jseven, it's lovely to meet you. Thank you for your kindness and I pray that you will continue to be encouraged here. God bless you!

    Rachel, hugs back. :-)

    Paula, I think Grace is something we can never hear too much of. I'd love for you to share some of your own conclusions in the comments following the articles or by linking to your own. Thank you for stopping by!

    Darcy...stumbling on it by accident can be grace in and of itself! =D

    Hopewell, Jenn & Sharon....thanks and hugs!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are turned off.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.