Hello! Welcome to the Quivering Daughters website. Please note that this site is no longer being updated with new material but I hope you find the archives helpful. God bless you.

God's Prescription for Your Discouragement

by Eric Pazdziora

     I've been saving this for a rainy day, and I think it's gotten sufficiently damp. This got its start a few years ago as a comment on someone else's blog post and quickly gained a life of its own.
     The blog post in question was written by a person who had recently become a Christian and felt guilt and remorse over their past sins. "At the time," they wrote, "I thought nothing of it, but now I feel dirty and ashamed. I feel I have let God down and that my relationship with Him will never be at its best because of my indiscretion."


I posted a comment that I thought would be helpful. It was. I got a response from a completely different reader who had been struggling with condemnation over a similar sin and gave my recommendation a try. Tears of joy were involved. Clearly this was meant for more than one person.
     So here it is for you. If you need some encouragement today, if you're feeling discouraged, disheartened, ashamed, beaten down, attacked, weak, inadequate, burned out, or even just mopey, then this is for you. I'm totally serious, but you should see the smile on my face just thinking about what this will do for you.
     Bear in mind that this is not a method--God doesn't work by our methods. Rather, it's a concentrated dose of the best medicine for healing. God is the Great Physician, and this (I fancy) comes straight from His prescription pad. Give it a try and call Him in the morning.

Prescription:

Take your Bible.
Open it up to Romans 8.
Read it.
Read it again.
Read it again.
Then answer these very simple questions:
Are you in Christ Jesus?
If so, how much condemnation do you have?
Are you controlled by the flesh / sinful nature anymore?
Whose child and heir are you?
What does the Spirit do for your weakness?
Does your sin fall under the category of "all things"?
What can separate you from the love of Christ?
Then repeat.
Then repeat again.
Do this until this passage of Scripture is a part of your bone marrow. (You'll know.)

Possible side effects may include uncontrollable and overwhelming joy.
Eric M. Pazdziora writes words and music. The music includes a brand-new album of hymns about grace entitled "New Creation," featuring his wife Carrie on vocals. To hear the music or to read more writings, visit his website at http://www.ericpazdziora.com.

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I have seen firsthand the destruction that comes in the life of a person who can't or won't grasp God's total forgiveness and unconditional acceptance. I see it as a common thread among a lot of authoritarian parents who seek a rigidly "pure" life to somehow "pay" for past sins, and to try to make sure their children don't repeat their mistakes. How much more effective it would be to accept God's grace and forgiveness, and to model that within families!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need God’s perspective on how He already sees me.
    * totally accepted by God.
    * at peace with God.
    * safe from God’s wrath.
    * free from condemnation byGod.
    * complete in Jesus Christ.

    Thanks for the reminder Eric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this RX... I will do this and repeat. I think I havent had a high enough dosage ;)

    It reminds me of this verse:
    "Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven,the same loveth little."

    ReplyDelete
  4. What simple, rich, lovely truths. A very timely post, from where I'm sitting; thank you for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i needed to read this today, desperately. once all my little ones are in bed, instead of turning some mindless television, i'm opening my bible.

    thank you for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Especially the uncontrollable and overwhelming joy part!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are turned off.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.