Hello! Welcome to the Quivering Daughters website. Please note that this site is no longer being updated with new material but I hope you find the archives helpful. God bless you.

Link Round-Up

I've come across some great reading over the past few weeks and wanted to share with you. Have you found anything inspiring lately? Or maybe written something especially profound? I'd love it if you'd add some favorites of your own in the comments!

On womanhood ...
I Was You Once

On homeschooling ...
Faith to Embrace Diversity

On patriocentricity ...
The Sins of Triviality and Partiality and the Curriculum that Promotes Them

On the “victim mentality” ...
My Personal Response to “Why Don't you Just Move On?”

On parenting ...
Possession Mistaken for Love

6 comments:

  1. Manifesto of Libertyand Responsibility in Christian Families http://watchtheshepherd.blogspot.com/2011/07/manifesto-of-liberty-and-responsibility.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Web Links on Parenting with Grace Instead of Authoritarian Legalism: http://watchtheshepherd.blogspot.com/2011/07/web-links-about-parenting-with-grace.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt that this is profound or great reading, but I just posted a poem and my first tenative post about growing up in a patriarchal family on my blog...stepping out of comfort zone a little and sharing something a little more personal. http://dandelionhaven.blogspot.com/2011/08/daughter-of-patriarchy.html

    Darcy's "I was you once" went right to my heart. Quite profound! I was that girl, once, as well.

    And I just want to say thank you--your website, more than any other has given me understanding and helped me start to come to peace about my past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting selection. Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this link via a friend who grew up in patriarchy and thought it might help some of your readers Signs of a Controller

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed, "Possessions Mistaken for Love". It is so true.

    Blessings,
    ~Cara

    ReplyDelete

Comments are turned off.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.