Hello! Welcome to the Quivering Daughters website. Please note that this site is no longer being updated with new material but I hope you find the archives helpful. God bless you.

Celebrating Versatility

Alison from Joy in the Journey surprised me last week with this lovely blog award! It is shared between bloggers to show appreciation and recognition for their work, their writing, and their purpose. I am truly humbled by this and honored to accept. :-) Alison is a long-time reader of Quivering Daughters; I've had the privilege of sharing a bit of her journey over the last year and more. You can read about her here while peeking at her adorable little babies while you're there. :-) Thank you for this, friend.
     So here's how this is done:

Rules of The Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award. (You don't have to do this part if you don't want to; I realize this is a controversial site and you might not feel comfortable linking to it.)
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass on the award to up to fifteen deserving bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers you chose for the award.
Okay, here we go:

About Me in Seven...

1. Awards and about-mes make me shy. So I'm blushing in my heart right now. And about right now ... I am supposed to be tackling a huge pile of laundry. But isn't passing out blog awards so much more fun?
2. I am an artist. I have recently rediscovered how therapeutic it is to unleash my acrylics on a poor, unsuspecting canvas. I'm also an amateur digital photographer who relishes fabulous Adobe Lightroom and CS3.
3. I've been married for 8 years to an awesome guy, whose support and love have helped me immensely in my walk with the Lord and emotional healing. Without him I wouldn't be where I am today. He is my ezer.
4. I am not a good candidate for this award because I am behind on writing reviews! Coming Soon(ish) But Not Soon Enough: A review of Paradise Recovered: a new coming of age feature-length film from By The Glass Productions where a devout young woman learns about faith, living, and love from a surprising source; and: Shari Howerton's amazing spiritual memoir Breaking the Chains about her experience within a cultic church. I'm sure I missed others on my list somewhere.
5. I am so stuck at number 5. I'm really quite a boring person. I see my desk, which needs to be organized. I smell my hazelnut candle, burning warm. I'm thinking about coffee in the afternoon. I don't know what people want to know about me. Wait...I'll go ask on facebook...
6....and of course my friends came through! Some of the questions were really great and I will try to find a way to incorporate them into future posts. One friend asks: how did you meet your husband? At work. :-) But we were friends for awhile before anything changed. I was very serious and he was always cracking jokes and trying to make me laugh or blush (I used to blush very easily). And then he found out what kind of coffee I liked and started bringing me coffee, even if he happened to be off that day. I noticed how he was always carrying things for people or opening doors for others...very chivalrous without being stuffy. He's a keeper. :-)
7. Another question: It's pouring down rain outside on a Saturday. How do you spend your time? I reply: Ahhhh! I love rainy Saturdays! After a cuddly morning with afore-mentioned awesome guy, I light candles and we enjoy a pot of coffee or two. Then I might paint or clean a bit or cook or write.
______________

Now this is more my style! Here are the versatile bloggers I've chosen to receive The Versatile Blog Award...

Emily | in the hush of the moon Inspiration, creativity, love, and soul.
Sisterlisa | Soul Liberty Faith Intriguing reflections on Christian spirituality.
Bethany | Coffee-Stained Clarity The journey of a young mother healing from spiritual abuse.
Darlene | Emerging from Broken Survivor of sexual abuse who writes about depression and mental health.
Leah | Musings Aloud Sweetness and beauty and a tender heart.
Darcy | Darcy's Heart Stirrings Thinking mama, special friend.
Jumpers2Jeans | Denim Jumpers to Blue Jeans Finding freedom in the One who makes free.
Jerry | Grace Like Rain A father seeking grace.
Karen | That Mom She has a wonderful ministry for homeschooling mothers.
Rachel | Three in One Makes Five  A young mother addressing her past while on the road to grace.
Young Mom | Permission to Live Her husband is a protestant minister and she leans toward Catholicism.
Trish | Bringing Creativity to Life A Blog for Burnt-out Human Beings. (Don't you love that line?)
Paula | Words of a Fether She writes about the Bible.  
Meg | Meg Moseley's Blog Her amazing novel about spiritual abuse comes out from Waterbrook next spring.
Bethany | Goats and Dandelions She is fascinating and so are her reflections on life.
Krista | Rambling Tart You will drool. I promise.

Happy reading! :-)

13 comments:

  1. Thank you so, SO much, my friend!!! I'm so honored you would choose me and I'm so happy to have met you in this blogging world. :-) Thank you for your kindness, your love, and all the time you put into creating a safe place for us to heal. Big hug. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, Hillary! I'm honored. I'm working on my follow-up post now, but it's coming along slowly.

    Love,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Hillary, I just saw this. I am so sorry that I did not see it sooner. It's been so busy for me. I hardly check my J2J face book account.

    I am so honored that you chose me for this award. ♥

    You and I have a lot in common me thinks. I would so love to meet you one day.

    I am terribly shy as well. However, that has been changing for me in the last two years. I think it has something to do with getting out of legalism. ;-)

    Oh and having *THREE* kids that aren't shy *at all* and who tell everyone we meet about everything about me, LOL!

    But I still fight against my shyness at times. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hillary...you may blush all you want. You definitely deserve an award for your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...friends you are so sweet. Thank you all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hillary, you absolutely deserve this award! Thanks so much for following up on it--I know it takes time. And I loved reading your seven. You are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Thanks Hillary, so much for this beautiful award! I am honored and touched. =) I really appreciate you thinking about me and including me in this post.
    I love your blog too!
    Hugs, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Hillary! Wow. I don't think I belong in such prestigious company, me with my meandering thoughts and all over the place blog posts. Thank you so much. You are a blessing to us all.

    Tricia L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Hillary! I'm honored too and so glad that we have crossed paths. Next time you're in my part of town... er, continent... I'd love to have you over for a freshly brewed cappuccino (and hear more about your love story!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hillary - thank you. :) You are so sweet and have helped me and so many others in their healing journeys! I loved learning more about you in this post - thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are turned off.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.