Hello! Welcome to the Quivering Daughters website. Please note that this site is no longer being updated with new material but I hope you find the archives helpful. God bless you.

Hope

Please visit Elizabeth Esther's blog for her monthly blog carnival! She invites you to leave a link to your most provocative or inspirational post from April . . . and also from March, so this means, yes, TWO links! Today, I revisit This Holy Wanting and The Cultic Family, part 1. 
 
While digging through Scripture  recently, I stumbled upon this passage and wanted to share it with you.
 And God spoke to Moses and said to him: “I am the LORD. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name LORD I was not known to them.  I have also established My covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, in which they were strangers.  And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel whom the Egyptians keep in bondage, and I have remembered My covenant.  Therefore say to the children of Israel: ‘I am the LORD; I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, I will rescue you from their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. I will take you as My people, and I will be your God. Then you shall know that I am the LORD your God who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.  And I will bring you into the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you as a heritage: I am the LORD.’”  So Moses spoke thus to the children of Israel; but they did not heed Moses, because of anguish of spirit and cruel bondage. And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, “Go in, tell Pharaoh king of Egypt to let the children of Israel go out of his land.” (Exodus 6:2-10)
We are even more blessed than the ancient forefathers of Israel, who did not know God as Lord! And this Lord had mercy upon those who were anguished and in bondage, who couldn't hear messages of hope, freedom, and redemption even when it was proclaimed to them ~ yet in His great lovingkindness, He still moved and acted on their behalf.  And in this manner He also foreshadowed the beautiful calling of our Lord Jesus who stood in the temple and revealed His mission:
. . . To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed . . .

He does this because of who He is. This is why there is hope, not only for us and our own struggles, burdens and brokenness . . . but there is hope also for the ones we love. He who brought the captives out of Egypt still sets captives free. "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." (John 8:36)

1 comment:

  1. As we grow in the Lord and continue to discover our worth in HIM, we are encouraged. I'm so thankful for people like you who spur us on in it, because we need the reminders always. As much as I need it, you need it too. May we encourage eachother in our journeys in it! So Thankful for you sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are turned off.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.