Hello! Welcome to the Quivering Daughters website. Please note that this site is no longer being updated with new material but I hope you find the archives helpful. God bless you.

Link Love

Thank you for your patience as I continue to focus on Quivering Daughters, the book! Your comments and emails bless me tremendously ~ even if I do not respond right away, they keep me going like heart-coffee, so thank you.

 << X Isn't that a beautiful X? You can find many creative drop caps for your blog at
 Daily  Drop Cap. I use Firefox and the other day opened my page in IE, sad to discover that   for   some reason, the drop caps I normally use don't appear in Internet Explorer browsers. So  when I can, I'll add a little flair from Jessica's site.

Okay ~ some reading for you!

Elizabeth Esther has a great article up right now, titled "How to talk to someone living inside an abusive church/cult group."


Cindy wrote an invaluable five-part series called "Cognitive Dissonance and Bible Study Following Spiritual Abuse." Here is part one.


I am reading Thin Places by Mary DeMuth and will post a review in the next few weeks.


If you have any recommended reading, feel free to leave a comment or email!

Emmanuel.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these links. I have been the victim of several kinds of abuse and Spiritual abuse is very real and the aftermath can be just as hard as any other form of abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this prayer and start my devotions with it every day:
    I arise today
    Through a mighty strength:
    God's power to guide me,
    God's might to uphold me,
    God's eyes to watch over me;
    God's ear to hear me,
    God's word to give me speech,
    God's hand to guard me,
    God's way to lie before me,
    God's shield to shelter me,
    God's host to secure me.

    - Bridgid of Gael

    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sisterlisa, I agree ~ it can be devastating. I hope that you continue to find healing and recovery.

    Thanks for sharing that prayer, amulbunny. What a way to re-focus and start the day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are turned off.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.